Earlier, the entire Maharashtra was under the Single IGNOU Regional Centre situated at Pune. To fulfill the increasing aspirations of Vidarbha people for a nearby Regional Centre and with a view to serve the learners in this area, the Board of Management of IGNOU, in its 89th meeting held on 26 February 2007, has approved to establish a Regional Centre at Nagpur.
IGNOU Nagpur Highlights 2020
|Name of Director
||Dr. P. Sivaswaroop
||IGNOU Nagpur Regional Centre Maharashtra
||(IGNOU) Indira Gandhi National Open University
History of IGNOU Nagpur
This Regional Centre started functioning from April 01, 2009 in the local Study Centre premises. The formal inauguration of the Nagpur Regional Centre was held on September 10, 2009 in its present premises. It has a jurisdiction of 14 Districts of Maharashtra namely, Akola, Amravati, Bhandara, Buldhana, Chandrapur, Gadchiroli, Gondia, Hingoli, Nagpur, Nanded, Parbhani, Wardha, Washim and Yavatmal.
Apply For Admission Online Now!
IGNOU Nagpur Staff List
- Dr. P SIVASWAROOP | Regional Director
- Dr. K. SASICOUMAR BRUMOT | Assistant Regional Director (Sr. Scale)
- Dr. Y. VENKATESHWARLU | Assistant Regional Director
- Mr. S. SENTHIL RAJ | Assistant Registrar
Mr. D. Seshadri | Section Officer
- Mr. Dilip Sonkusale | Private Secretary
- Mr. C H. Rajgure | Executive Assistant
- Mr. Sanjay Patankar | Executive Assistant
- Mr. B. S. DESHPANDE | Assistant
- Mr. Jagdish B. Tikle | JAT
- Mr. Rajesh Wasnik | JAT
100% employment for rural women student of CHBHC Programme
Assured job for CHBHC student of tribal youth for Gadchiroli
IGNOU Nagpur Contact Details:
IGNOU Regional Centre, ‘Gyan Vatika’,
14, Hindustan Colony,
Fax No.: 91-712-2538999
Tel .No: 91-712-2536999/ 2537999
Working Days: Monday to Friday;
Timing: 9:30 A.M. – 6:00 P.M.
Lunch Break: 1.30 P.M.- 2.00 P.M.