Apply For Admission Online Now!
- 18 August 2020: Admissions Are Open. The University Provided Admission In Different Program. Who students want Admission In Any Program. Click Here.
- 16 August 2020: The University Announced THE FIRST KMAT KERALA EXAMINATION 2020 For More Info Click Here.
- 14 August 2020: The University Informed KMAT notification-Date extended For More Info Click Here.
Kerala University of Fisheries & Ocean Studies is the 1st fisheries university in India. It was founded on 20/11/2010. It is 12 KM away from Kochi City near NH-47. It gives the smart quality instructional courses in fisheries ocean sciences. It is spread over 75 acres area of land at Panangad. 50 Acres at Fisheries station.
University is a State University that is Located in Panangad Kerala this University Provides These Courses Like M.Sc. (Biological Oceanography and Biodiversity( (BO&BD), M.Sc. (Physical Oceanography and Ocean Modelling) (PO&OM), B.F.Sc. Course. it was Established on 20 November 2010 and Affiliated With The University Grants Commission. Student Can Check More Courses These Are Given Below
Latest News: M.Tech classes 2020 batch starts on 22.07.2020 | Get Immediate admission to M.tech course on 22.07.2020 For more information please visit the official website: www.kufos.ac.in
Kerala University of Fisheries & Ocean Studies Prospectus 2020-21: Download Now
The Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies (KUFOS) is a university recognized by the government of Kerala dedicated to studies in fisheries and ocean sciences. The bill looking to found the university was passed by the Kerala Governmental Assembly on 30 December 2010. KUFOS has its headquarters in the premises of the College of Fisheries, Panangad, near Kochi. The College of Fisheries, recognized in 1979, was a basic college of the Kerala Agricultural University. The Research Council shall meet at least once in six months. Research Council has not yet been constituted during the reporting period. The University now has 75 acres in the headquarters at Panangad, 50 acres at Fisheries station, Puduveypu and 10 acres at Thiruvallom near Vizhinjam.
Kerala University of Fisheries & Ocean Studies, Admission Procedure
The university provides UG and PG programs in fishery science. It also provides a Ph.D. course in Fishery Science as well as postgraduate diploma courses in a selected stream.
For the UG course, You can apply the admission form in the month of January and as well as in the month of March for PG Courses.
The application form can be collected from the official website. the students are selected based on the KEAM entrance test whereas the university held its own entrance test for admission for the Ph.D./PG program.
Students looking admission to the MBA program must possess a valid CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/KUFOS MAT Score.
Reservation facilities are also available and it follows the rule as per the Government of Kerala which is acceptable to all the courses provided by KUFOU.
Kerala University of Fisheries & Ocean Studies Courses
|M.Sc. (Biological Oceanography and Biodiversity( (BO&BD)
|M.Sc. (Physical Oceanography and Ocean Modelling) (PO&OM)
Scholarship/Fellowship of University
University offers the Merit Scholarship and fellowship to the Post-Graduates and Ph.D. Students. The main objectives of the fellowship are to give financial assistance and incentive to all eligibility Post-Graduate students. University provides the following types of scholarship:
Manappuram Foundation Scholarship: Three students from belonging to the category of general and three students belonging to the Fishman community undergoing an MBA program are eligibility the Manappuram Foundation Scholarship.
- Shri P.sathasivam (Chancellor)
- Dr.devika Pillai (Head)
- Preetha P. M (Assistant Professor)
- Prof. Jayachandran (Professor)
- Shri. N. N. Raman (Assistant Professor)
- Shri. Shaju, S. S. (Assistant Professor)
- Dr. Manjusha. K. P. (Assistant Professor)
More University Kerala
- School of Ocean Science and Technology
- School of Ocean Engineering and Underwater Technology
- School of Fishery Environment
- School of Aquaculture and Biotechnology
- School of Fisheries Resource Management and Harvest Technology
- School of Aquatic Food Products and Technology
- School of Management and Entrepreneurship
University important Date
|Date of notification
|Date of Entrance Examination
|Announcement of Results
|Date of Admission
|Last date of submission of Application form
- The Senate
- The University Governing Council
- The Academic Council
- The Research Council
- The School Governing Councils
- The Department Governing Councils
- The Faculties; and such other bodies as may be specified by the Statutes
The university maintains labs, fish farms, research centers, museums and other campuses of teaching, research in various disciplines.
- Address: Panangad, Kochi, Kerala
- Phone: 0484 270 3782