|University Name||Guru Angad Dev Veterinary & Animal Sciences University|
|Type of University||State University|
|University Contact Number||0161 255 3394|
|UG Courses||BV.Sc, B.Tech,|
|PG Courses||MV.Sc, M.Tech, M.Sc, MF.Sc|
|Address||20, Ludhiana Road, A Block, Aggar Nagar, Ludhiana, Punjab 141012|
|Founded||9 August 2005|
|Fee Structure||GADVASU Fee Structure|
- 17 August 2021: Admissions Are Opens. The University Offer Admission For The Students. The University Doing Different Programs. For More Info Click Here.
- 15 August 2021: The University Announced That Punjabi Type Test for the Post of Clerk and Steno Typist. For More Info Click Here
- 12 August 2021: The University Report About various posts under Advt. No. 01/2021. For More Info Click Here.
Guru Angad Dev Veterinary & Animal Sciences University is a State University that is Located Ludhiana, Punjab. This University Provide These Courses Like Diploma in Veterinary Science and Animal Health Technology, M.Sc. (Animal Biotechnology), M.V.Sc. (Animal Biotechnology) Course. it was Established on 9 August 2005 and Affiliated With The University Grants Commission. Student Can Check More Courses These Are Given Below.
Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University Prospectus 2021-22: Download Now
Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (GADVASU) was recognized at Ludhiana by an act of the Punjab Government No. 16 of 2005 notified in the Punjab Government Newspaper on August 9, 2005, and it started functioning. April 21, 2006, for indorsing livestock manufacture, health and anticipation of the disease(s) through combined teaching, research and leeway. The university library has subscribed to 10 Print Journals, One Online Journal and IndianJournals.com (Access to 25 Journals). Access has been provided to KrishiKosh, a database of Master and Doctoral dissertations and theses submitted to Agricultural Universities in India.
Guru Angad Dev Veterinary & Animal Sciences University, Admission Procedure
For Undergraduate Programs
For B.V.Sc & AH(5½ Year Course): 12th or equivalent with Chemistry, Physics, Biology, and English from any reputed University and must be obtained 50% marks in aggregate(45% marks in aggregate for DP and 40% marks for reserved category students) excluding optional subject.
For B.F.Sc and B.Tech Courses: 12th or equivalent with Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics or English and Biology from a reputed University/Board with minimum 50% marks in aggregate (45% marks for DP and 40% marks in aggregate for SC/ST & BC category).
For M.V.Sc Courses: The students must be held B.V.Sc & AH or equivalent degree with at least 60% marks from any recognized university.
For M.Sc Courses: The minimum qualification for admission to M.Sc. (Animal Physiology) in COVS shall be B.Sc. (Agriculture with Animal Science as elective)/B.Sc. (Medical)/B. Tech. (Biotechnology)/B.F.Sc. or equivalent degree with minimum OCPA of 6.00 (out of 10.00) or at least 60% marks in aggregate from a recognized institute.
Guru Angad Dev Veterinary & Animal Sciences University Courses
|Ph.D. (Animal Breeding & Genetics)||3 Years|
|Ph.D. (Aquaculture)||3 Years|
|Diploma in Veterinary Science and Animal Health Technology||1 Years|
|B.Tech. (Dairy Technology)||4 Years|
|B.V.Sc. & A.H.||5 Years|
|Ph.D. (Animal Biotechnology)||3 Years|
|B.V.Sc (Animal Nutrition)||3 Years|
|M.Sc. (Animal Biotechnology)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Animal Breeding & Genetics)||2 Years|
|M.V.Sc. (Animal Biotechnology)||2 Years|
Faculty In Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
- Dr. Vijay Kumar Taneja (Vice-Chancellor)
- Dr. Amarjit Singh (Professor and Head)
- Dr. Kanchan Sapra (Associate Professor)
- Dr. Jasmine Kaur (Assistant Professor)
- Dr. Amit Sharma (Assistant Professor)
- Dr. Nitin Mehta (Assistant Professor)
- Dr. Balbir Bagicha Singh (Assistant Professor)
- Dr. Jaspal Singh Hundal (Assistant Professor)
University Affiliated Colleges List:
Name of the College and Address
|Post Graduate Institute of Veterinary Education and Research|
|College of DiDairycience|
|College of Veterinary Science|
|College of Fisheries|
Guru Angad Dev Veterinary & Animal Sciences University library has current facility to gather, assess and establish information possessions that sufficiently support the programs of the colleges, the research programs and the general informational needs of the university. The library is computerized and automatic of its processes. The library allows open admission to its group and offers services to its users. and university library Provide other Knowledge books like General knowledge, Current News Book, Entrance Book, Etc.
List of Journals Subscribed by the Library
|1.||Asian Australian Journal of Animal Sciences|
|2.||Equine Veterinary Journal|
|3.||Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association|
|4.||Journal of Animal Science|
|7.||Veterinary Clinics of North America: Small Animal Practic|
|8.||Veterinary Clinics of North America: Food Animal Practice|
|10.||Transboundary and Emerging Diseases|
|2.||Indian Veterinary Journal|
|3.||Indian Journal of Veterinary Medicine|
|4.||Indian Journal of Veterinary Anatomy|
|6.||Indian Food Industry|
University Library Staff
|Dr. R.S. Brar||Librarian|
|Miss Sonia Bansal||Assistant Librarian|
|Dr. Nirmal Singh||Assistant Librarian|
|Sh. Dheeraj Kumar||Junior Library Assistant|
|Sh. Satinder Singh||Senior Laboratory Assistant|
|Sh. Gopal Singh||Library Attendant|
|Sh. Baljinder Singh||Library Attendant|
|Sh. Harsh Singh||Library Attendant|
|Sh. Vicky Kumar||Clerk|
|Mr. Rajinder Kumar||Storekeeper|
|Mr. Satnam Singh||Messenger Boy|
|Sh. Parminderdeep Singh Mangat||Computer Operator-Web Programming|
|Sh. Aman Madaan||Computer Operator-Data Entry Operator|
More University of Punjab
- Punjab Agricultural University, Punjab
- Guru Ravidas Ayurved University, Punjab
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Punjab
- The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law
- Punjabi University
- Department of Animal Breeding & Genetics
- Department of Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology
- Department of Veterinary Physiology
- Department of Veterinary Public Health
- Department of Veterinary Surgery & Radiology
- Department of Animal Nutrition
- Department of Veterinary Clinical, Medicine, Ethics & Jurisprudence
- Department of Veterinary Clinical Services
- Department of Veterinary Microbiology
- Department of Veterinary Pathology
- Department of Animal Reproduction, Gynaecology & Obstetrics
- Department of Livestock Production & Management
- Department of Veterinary Anatomy & Histology
- Department of Veterinary Biochemistry
- Department of Veterinary Parasitology
- Department of Live Stock Products Technology
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Where is the University located?
Answer: University located Ferozpur Rd, Ludhiana Punjab.
Question: When was University established?
Answer: University was established on 9 August 2005.
Question: What academic programs does the University Offer?
Answer: University offers the Undergraduates, Post Graduates and Ph.D. courses in different disciplines.
Question: Does the University has the hospital?
Answer: Yes, University has the Veterinary Hospital.
Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University well equipped Veterinary Teaching Hospital and also provide clinical training to the students.
- Address: Ludhiana, Punjab
- Phone: 0161 255 3394