|Type of University||State University|
|University Contact Number||033 2556 3450|
|UG Courses||B.V.Sc. & A.H, B.Tech, B.F.Sc|
|PG Courses||M.V.Sc, M. Tech, M.F.Sc|
|Address||37 & 68 Kshudiram Bose Sarani, Kolkata, West Bengal 700037|
|Location||Bose Sarani, Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Founded||2 January 1995|
|Admission 2021-22||WBUAFS Admission|
|Fee Structure||WBUAFS Fee Structure|
West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences The cattle and fisheries sectors are fast evolving in the Country for which the heaviness on land is enormous in the persuaded state all over India. During, 2008-2010, the oxen and fisheries sectors donated about 5% of the total Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and about 27% value of the production from agriculture, animal husbandry and allied ventures.
- 16 Aug 2021: The University has announced admission for new students. Students can check the detail from here.
- 17 Aug 2021:University has published a notice for admission for 2021-22. Students can check the detail from here.
- 18 Aug 2021: The fee structure of the university has updated. You can check the detail from here.
There are three faculties in this university (1) Faculty of Veterinary & Animal Sciences (2) Faculty of Dairy Technology (3) Faculty of Fishery Sciences
West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences Prospectus 2021-22: Download Now
The West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences (WBUAFS), the second University of its caring in the country started its journey with a bequest of Century old Bengal Veterinary College on 2nd January 1995 with an detached to serve the State as well as the country as a whole through communicating quality Education, achieving basic and need-based Research and distributing proven skills to the rural masses through its Postponement wing.
Online Admission process
Mode of admission form fill up is through online for all Diploma, UG, PG & Ph.D. from the University website.
RESERVATION OF SEATS IN PG & PhD PROGRAMMES
SC-22%, ST-6%, OBC-A-10%, OBC-B-7%, ICAR Nominee-25%., Person with Disability (PWD)-5%*. There is no separate quota for In-service candidates.
RESERVATION OF SEATS IN DIPLOMA & UG PROGRAMME
The total number of seats for 4 courses :
|B.V.Sc. & A.H.||83|
West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences, Courses, Duration.
|Bachelor of Technology (Dairy Technology)||4 Year|
|Bachelor of Fisheries Science||4 Year|
|Bachelor of Veterinary Science||5 Year|
|Master of Technology (Dairy Technology)||2 Year|
|Master of Science (Dairy Technology)||2 Year|
|Master of Fisheries Science||2 Year|
|Master of Veterinary Science||2 Year|
Faculty of West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences
- Prof. Purnendu Biswas (Vice-Chancellor)
- Dr.ajit Kumar Sahoo (Professor)
- Dr. Pramode Ranjan Nandi (Senior Lecturer)
- Dr. S. Batabyal (Reader)
- Dr.(Mrs.) Kalyani Ray (Reader)
- Prof. Siddhartha Basu (Professor)
- Prof. Shyamal Kumar Ray (Professor)
- Dr. Uttam Datta (Reader)
University Cut Off 2017
|B.Tech Dairy Technology||Scheduled Tribe||51301||70251|
|B.Tech Dairy Technology||OBC B||8320||8599|
|B.Tech Dairy Technology||General||3687||7729|
|B.Tech Dairy Technology||Scheduled Caste||15603||19910|
|B.Tech Dairy Technology||OBC A||11809||14781|
Best Quality of university
- Good Faculties
- Wonderful Facilities
- Wide Area Campus
- Good Results
- In spring Environment
- Best Performance
- Good Practical Labs
- Best Libraries Good Education
- Placements Record
- Understanding with Teacher and Students
West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences Services & Facilities
- Guest House
- Central Instrument Laboratory
- Burial Ground
- Medical Service
More University Of West Bengal
- Netaji Subhas Open University
- West Bengal University of Teachers
- West Bengal University of Technology
- North Bengal UniversityUniversity of Calcutta, West Bengal
West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences is focused on training, education and to conduct research in animal sciences, veterinary, dairy sciences and Fishery Sciences for its students.